Friday, October 10, 2014

Opportunities in Obstacles

I get asked often what it is that drives me to be successful. Is it my family or friends? Is it the competitive desire to beat others? Is it a battle with myself? A short answer would be yes, to all of these questions. I get the fuel to "grind" from many sources of my life, but I picked up one quality that has helped me more than all others. And that's perseverance. 

I have failed many times and through my failures is when I rebuilt and came back stronger. I try to rely on that Michael Jordan quote:

"I've failed many times in my life, and that is why I'm successful." Well put, MJ.

Failure is difficult to deal with, but more often than not, it's a second chance to take a different route that you weren't expecting to take. It provides an opportunity for growth and the outcome is far greater than what we expected. It's all about perception and perseverance. Here's a quote I found that I thought tied this concept together nicely...

Rejection can be difficult, but in rejection lies better solution and better ending.

Life is going to continually dish out failure and rejection, but that's okay. It's a rebuilding tactic that can be utilized to become a better human. Edison felt that he did not fail over a thousand times when designing the lightbulb, but he merely found a thousand ways to not do it. He persevered and he became successful.

Perception and perseverance are key. Never stop grinding. Don't shy away from opportunity because of the fear of failure. There are always greater things ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment